Fourth Grade Home
In fourth grade we believe:
- Children construct new learning by working cooperatively with others.
- Children learn best in environments where they feel comfortable to take risks.
- “All students should have the opportunity and support necessary to learn significant mathematics with depth and understanding.” –James A. Van De Walle
- “Children ought to be given a ‘voice,’ encouraged to discover and refine their own personal writing style, as they compose ‘stories that matter.’” –Lucy Calkins
- “Children develop a passion for reading when they are given the freedom to choose books that are meaningful to them.” –Lucy Calkins
- “A teacher’s role in the classroom is to support reflection and communication by designing learning tasks that allow students to see the same idea from different points of view.” –James Heibert