Armstrong Elementary Dads Club
I look forward to an exciting year as President of the Armstrong Dads Club. This is my 8th year as an Eagle Parent. My wife Jodi and I have two sons who have graduated on to MIS and we have a Kindergarten boy, Hayden.
The Dads Club provides a way for Dads to be more involved within the school and enhances your child’s Armstrong experience. The Armstrong Dads Club was established in 1978 and has historically supported Armstrong and your kids through our involvement in special projects, school events, fundraising and social gatherings. In addition, we create an avenue for dads to volunteer and serve the school, while helping dads connect with their kids, connect with other parents and foster a sense of community within the school.
In past years, some of the projects and events we have supported include:
- Funding the Armstrong playground
- Designed and built the outdoor lunch commons and eating area
- Special classroom projects and technology applications for teachers
- Snow Cones for the kids on first and last day of school (an Armstrong tradition)
- Dads Club Morning carpool greeter program
- 4th and 5th Friday Dads Days cafeteria duty
- Dr. Suess Reading week
- Teacher appreciation
- Bike Rodeo and more……
The Dads Club also hosts other events for the members including Happy Hours, the annual Corn Hole Tournament, The annual Bowling Tournament, SMU lead the team and service events. See below for some of the dates for these events.
Again the Dads Club plays an important role within the school. Our primary focus is providing a way for dads to be involved. I hope you find the time to participate in some of the activities I have planned for this school year. If you are not a Dads Club member and wish to be, see the PayPal links below as a way to pay for your membership. If you do not PayPal please email me at the email address below. Thanks for taking the time to read this and learn more about the Armstrong Dads Club.
To Join the Armstrong Dads Club please PayPal at:
- Wednesday, September 20th, Dads Club Happy Hour Wednesday at Pie Tap on Henderson Ave.
- Friday, September 29th, 7:15am, Dads and Kids Breakfast. Armstrong Cafeteria
- Saturday, September 30th, time TBA, SMU Lead the team and Boulevard Cookout Saturday
- Sunday, February 25th, 6pm, Dads Club Bowling Tournament, Bowl n Barrel
- February 26th - March 2nd, Dr. Seuss Reading Week
- Friday, March 23rd, 7pm, Corn Hole Tournament, Walt Humann Park
- Monday, March 26th, Park Cities Dads Clubs Golf Tournament DCC