I hope each of you is doing well. We have had another great week with so much learning. Thank you for continuing to guide your children in their homework and reading each night.
Lots going on at Armstrong! Mark your calendars,
- Invention Convention kicked off this week. Please ask your child for paperwork. This is a great way to show some critical thinking towards solving an everyday problem.
- Picture Day is Tuesday 9/19 at 9:00 am. Forms were sent home today in their communication folder.
- First whole group PAWS meeting is Wednesday 9/20 in the cafeteria at 7:15
- Friday, September 22nd is an early release at 1pm. We will meet you right after lunch at regular pick-up.
- Book Fair starts on September 25th
Writing: We are still collecting our seed stories and writing a few each week.
Math: We continue to work on decimals and place value. We will finish our unit for place value and take our unit test next week. We will also begin addition and subtraction with 4, 5, and 6 digit numbers next week. This will include numbers in the millions place and students will continue to carry, borrow and subtract over zeros. We really want them to understand what the value of each digit is.
Reading: We are growing as readers and building our reading lives. Students have a novel and a backup book ready for next week. Students have started reading with a purpose and are questioning and connecting as they read. Our class read aloud, Tiger Rising, is a hit and students are truly engaged in the reading. Continue logging reading each night.
Science: This week in science we discussed seed dispersal. Next week, we will talk about the ecosystem and how seeds are affected when they travel. We were excited to go to the garden this week.
Social Studies: We continue to learn about each region of Texas.
Things to Remember:
Friday folders come back Monday (empty them out please and initial)
Have a wonderful weekend!