May 24-28, 2017
What a great week it’s been. Students are working diligently as we prepare for the end of the year.
Math: We are wrapping up our financial literacy unit and will work on problem-solving for the next couple of weeks. Please be sure that you are going over work sent home in the Friday folder.
Reading: We have finished our folktale unit. Students understand that fairy tales, fables, myths, legends, and tall tales are folktales passed down by generations. Students even tried writing some poetry from their readings of folk tales
Writing: Students worked on writing poetry this week. We wrote a personal poem regarding what our room says about us. This was mimicked from a famous poem called the Abandoned Farmhouse, which you can read here http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/52935 Students were able to write a similar poem called the My Room Poem. We even wrote fairy tale and fable poems to practice the inner poet in us. We wrapped up the week by writing long and taking our writing into poetry.
Social Studies: We will begin our Civil War unit next week.
Science: Students continue to understand light energy.
- Our pledge week where students help with announcements is on May 1-5. I will let students know which day they are helping.
- STAAR math test is on May 8th and Reading is on May 9th.
- Please remember to sign up for career week online using the PTA website.
- We will walk to MIS on May 2nd for our transition meeting. We will be back by 12-lunch times will remain the same.
- PAWS meeting May 17th
- Global Connections Meeting May 3rd and May 10th-that will be our last meeting.
- May 24th- 4th grade Recognition Program begins at 8:30
- May 26th Last day of school-Early dismissal at 1pm.
This year is rapidly ending and I can’t thank you enough for all that you’ve done. I look forward to the next several weeks as we continue to work hard and prepare for 5th grade.
Have a wonderful weekend.