John S. Armstrong Elementary
Armstrong is a 501(c) (3) organization, Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification (download attachment)
Texas Sales tax permit number: 17508864554
Federal EIN number : 75-0886455
When one applies for tax exempt status at a business, please use the info below.
Name: John S Armstrong
Phone number: 214.780.3100
1. Do you reimburse sales tax?
· No, the PTA does NOT reimburse sales tax. Please apply for tax exempt status with the information provided above. Sam’s Club and Costco are the only two places that tax will be reimbursed.
2. Do you reimburse tip?
· Yes, the PTA will reimburse gratuity up to 20%.
3. Does the PTA reimburse costs for alcoholic beverages?
· No, the PTA does not reimburse costs for alcoholic purchases.
4. What if I have lost my receipt?
· Do your best to find the receipt or obtain a duplicate copy if possible. Some people copy their credit card statement and black out everything else except that charge.
5. What if there is no way to get a duplicate and I didn’t put the charge on my credit card? Can I still get reimbursed?
· This does happen occasionally, and each situation is handled on a case-by-case basis, requiring approval from the PTA President for reimbursement.
CHECKS: payable to ARMSTRONG PTA
· The PTA encourages parents to make all payments/donations in checks or cash when possible, so that 100% of your donations will go to our students. When credit cards are used, the PTA absorbs the processing fee (approximately 3%).
· Inform the PTA Treasurer-Elect if your checking account is closed for any reason.
· Bounced check protocol:
o When one fails to inform the PTA Treasurer/Treasurer-Elect about the closing of a checking account, the PTA will ask for parent to reimburse for all fees associated with bounced check.
o If the PTA deposits your check beyond 6 months from the written date the check issued, the PTA will absorb the fee and ask you to reissue a new check.
Armstrong PTA takes Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. American Express is NOT accepted due to high fees.
Printable guidelines & Tax exempt letter- download below files.