Queue Lane and Carpool Instructions
Please remember the queue lane instructions below to help carpool pickup flow smoothly and safely.
*** IMPORTANT *** No parking on the north curb of Cornell Ave. after 2:00 pm.
Student safety is very important to all of us, and it demands the attention of every driver and student. Please familiarize yourself with the directed flow of traffic around the school and obey all traffic signs.
Please be a courteous and patient driver and communicate with your student prior to pick up where you plan to be so that you are not using your cell phone in the school zone.
Please follow these queue lane guidelines:
- The queue lane is the lane along the curb next to the building, and flows west on Cornell and northeast on St. Johns.
- Parking is along the curb farthest from school, and the middle lane is for traffic flow only. Use the queuing lane, or pull over to a legal curb for your child to exit on the sidewalk side of the car. Cars in the middle lane must yield to cars trying to exit the queue lane.
- Enter the queue lane behind the last car in line. Do NOT cut into the queue lane.
- Pull forward as far as possible in the queue lane before dropping off or picking up your child. Be courteous and don't stop the traffic behind you.
- Drop off and pick up students from the queue lane on the curb side ONLY (never the middle of the street).
- NO cell phone use in school zone. Comply with posted traffic signs at all times.
- Students crossing the street must ALWAYS use crosswalks.
Afternoon pick-up locations are designated as follows:
- Kindergarten: 2:50-3:10pm. Corner of Cornell and St. Johns, southwest corner of the school, pickup on Cornell ONLY
- 1st Grade: 2:50-3:10pm. Corner of St. Johns and Byron, northeast corner of the school, pickup on St. Johns
- 2nd Grade: 3:10-3:25pm. Corner of Cornell and St. Johns, southwest corner of the school, pickup on Cornell ONLY
- 3rd Grade: 3:10-3:25pm. Corner of Cornell and Byron, front entrance, pickup on Cornell
- 4th Grade: 3:10-3:25pm. Corner of St. Johns and Byron, northeast corner of the school, pickup on St. Johns
Parents should communicate their plan for pickup at dismissal with the teacher. Teachers will release students to parents or other guardians authorized for school pickup. Parents are responsible for supervision of students on school property, on the playground or athletic fields, after dismissal. Students who walk home from school should leave school property immediately after dismissal. Students who are not picked up within 10 minutes of dismissal time will be brought to the main office to make a phone call and wait there to be picked up.
Parents should communicate any changes in regular dismissal arrangements on a particular day prior to 2:00pm directly to the teacher, or after 2:00pm directly to the main office to ensure that the teacher receives notification.
- Have a rain plan. Traffic is heavier on these days.
- Consider parking a block or two away from prime drop off and pick up spots and walking to dismissal locations to pick up your student. Drexel along the east side of the creek is rarely crowded, and the bridge across the creek is a convenient walk.
- Carpooling reduces the number of cars in the queue lanes, which is very helpful. Please consider carpooling if you are not already.